Warriors Basketball: Courting Another State Championship

Amir (Primo) Spears, Contributing Writer

The Basketball Warriors of Windsor High School have a big season ahead of them as they begin this upcoming season ranked the #1 team in the state of Connecticut. (https://www.maxpreps.com/news/CPswTD1g60qrWkOZ9NjSgQ/best-high-school-basketball-team-from-all-50-states.htm) (NOTE: When you open this link, scroll down to access the Connecticut Windsor link) .

All State players from last year’s State Championship runner up team, Senior guards Primo Spears(this article’s writer) and Corey McKeithan, look to bring Windsor a championship after last year’s heartbreaking ending. The team has also added an important piece to the squad for their Mohegan run, with the addition of Justice Ellison from South Windsor. With only four seniors coming in, McKeithan and Spears look to lead a young team, suiting up toward a promising and historic season.

In weighing the importance of this year’s East Catholic matchup, McKeithan said “ Last year’s loss at Mohegan is always going to be in our minds, however we are focusing this year on taking it game by game. Their level of focus is up to par.”    

The Warriors’ Legendary Coach Ken Smith, in considering the leadership of Spears and McKeithan, states “It’s going to be good for them especially after last year; they know what it takes to get there and they have these young guys, very energetic and ready to go out there and follow their lead and play for each other.” 

The first game of the season is a 12/14 home game against Wilby High School. Come Out and Support !