Swim Team Looks to Make Splash in Upcoming Season

Windsor High School is mainly known for its football and track team when it comes to athletics. However, this winter season, the boys swim team looks to put their name on the map. With many talented freshmen joining the team and many veteran seniors returning for their final year, there is lots of potential for greatness this season.

Team captains, Kyle Orzechowski and Ben Levesque are the frontrunners for the team looking to continue their dominance from last season, when both of them went to the Central Connecticut Conference Tournament, a difficult feat. When asked about the season, Ben said, “The whole team’s very excited for this season. We have a ton of young and talented kids who are going to help up get to the next level. We have freshmen like Tyler Cooper and Connor Staron who are going to have an immediate impact. It going to be a fun year.”

With rigorous practices every day after school, consisting of runs, laps in the pool and core workouts, the swim team will be in nothing less than peak physical condition for the competition that comes to compete against them.

Teams like East Hartford, East Catholic, and Manchester, do pose somewhat of a challenge for the Windsor Warriors, but with the talent found throughout the team, the confidence is at an all-time high. Team captain, Kyle said, “Whoever we compete against this year is going to have trouble on their hands. Win, lose or draw, we’re always putting up a fight and not going down without swinging. Our goal is to get everyone to CCC’s this year and I think we can do that.”

Make sure you make it out to the first of many swim meets on December 18th against Hartford Public High School.