Upcoming Windsor High School basketball season has Warriors excited

Alexander Peterson, SEnior Editor

The official start of the winter sports season means the start of our heavily anticipated basketball season. Our Boys Varsity Basketball team is projected to be one of the best in division 1 of the CIAC boasting multiple D1 prospects on the roster. It will no doubt be an exciting season.

After the team’s loss at the end of last season in the semifinals to Sacred Heart, the Windsor Warriors fell just short of their championship aspirations. With the season opener just over a week away at Northwest Catholic, the team is anxious to restart their ascension to the top of  CIAC’s best conference. Senior at Windsor High School Julie Fontaine said: “I think I’m speaking for the whole school when I say I’m so excited to see what this team can do.” The hype for the season has been building and this school is just about ready to burst with anticipation.

Part of the excitement for the season is the Warriors’ talented roster. We have Familiar faces like Rider college commit, and Junior at Windsor High School: Corey Mckeithan, and returning starter, versatile wing senior: Jordan Riley. Also the addition of fresh new faces Like Amir “Primo” Spears the electrifying playmaker from Northwest  Catholic, and Lawrence Foreman the 6’9 post presence from St. Thomas More prep school. The roster the legendary coach Ken Smith has been given this year should be a pleasure for Warrior fans and should cause absolute nightmares for the rest of the CIAC. When asked about the team returning senior Blake Okologi said: “We have great pieces and once we get them all to work together, it will be a beauty”.

Windsor High School is ecstatic to watch this team get to work [-[