Spirit Week a Success!

Chris Dowd, Staff Writer

The long time tradition of spirit week is back at Windsor High and goes from today until Friday. In a slam packed school year students get one week a year to unwind with some friendly competition. Will this year be another upset like the 2015 -16 school year when that year’s Sophomores beat the Seniors, or will the Class of 2018 rise to the occasion?

Monday tons of kids wore their pajamas and Tuesday students were seen dressed as celebrities as diverse as Tom Brady to Beyonce.  

Wednesday is awareness day were each grade has its own cause. Freshmen have mental health so their color is lime green. Sophomores are red to promote HIV awareness. Juniors have taken autism as their cause so they are wearing royal blue and Seniors wear Pink for breast cancer awareness.

Thursday is game day and also hallway day so in the morning you can go through and check out all the different classes hallways. Hopefully this year the fire department isn’t called out to WHS…it’s too cold for a drill!  Freshmen are app games and Sophomores are board games, while Juniors have outdoor games and Seniors are video games (wonder how many Mario’ and  Lara Croft’s we’ll see?).

Friday is the final day of Spirit Week and is the traditional School Spirit Day. The Seniors wear black WHS gear and all other grades were white or maroon WHS gear.

At the end of the day is the pep rally. Like most high schools, the pep rally is a big deal at Windsor high as all the fall sport teams get brought in individually to get cheered for and the homecoming royalty get announced.

The school day is followed by the Homecoming game (Our Warriors thumped Hartford Public 32-12) and the Homecoming Dance was the following day.  All in all a great week to get away from the “norm” of high school and show your spirit!